The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders won Northwoods League Championships in 2018 and 2020, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders share ownership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the High-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Each intern is considered to be a member of our leadership team in their area of focus and will gain valuable management skills. Our 2024 internship positions are listed below.
- Handle incoming ticket calls, provide customer service to current and potential ticket package holders, and maintain ticket window and will-call operations for the duration of the season
- Help manage ticket information in the ticketing system, assist with data entry, run ticketing reports, and keep records current and accurate using the CRM Software
- Understand and effectively meet or exceed individual and team ticket goals by prospecting for new inside/outside sales accounts through cold calls and telemarketing
- Develop new customers and maintain a positive relationship with current ticket holders including answering questions, troubleshooting, taking and following through on orders, delivering tickets, and arranging for invoicing
- Promote and sell all types of group and picnic options to organizations, and individuals
- Attend organization appearances in the community
- Assist other departments when requested and/or needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.