This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by supervising the care of student-athletes competing in the University’s athletic programs. Responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injuries with the University’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
- Works in cooperation with all other Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) staff.
- Evaluates injuries and develops treatment and exercise plans within the scope of practice. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum student-athlete benefit
- Implements individualized therapeutic interventions, and monitors responses to therapy to ensure student-athlete safety
- Recordkeeping and documentation of all student-athlete injuries and treatments; reports progress and medical changes to referring physician.
- Educates students and coaches regarding injuries, risk factor modification, and exercise programs.
- Attends scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Performs necessary athletic training administrative duties.
- Assist with educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality, in communication and with written records.
- Serve as department Strength and Conditioning specialist and develop and organize in-season and off-season workouts for all student-athletes;
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Wisconsin Athletic Training Licensure.
- Must have willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- There must be willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Certified Athletic Trainer’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by June 17, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.