Work and communicate with Owners, Store Manager, and all employees to work together as a team to provide the best customer service possible. Work to achieve company goals to ensure the company’s share of market and profitability from service and products offered. Follow WI Class C Operator License – cleaning of fuel dispensers and related emergency procedures, Safe Food Handling and Beverage Operator License procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service to our customers and Satisfaction of our customers is 1st priority.
- Must be available on weekends.
- Welcome and Greet customers (within 7 tiles) with a friendly smile and provide them with prompt, courteous service. Execute the 5-step transaction process with each customer: Greeting, quick transaction, suggestive sell, correct change, thank you and proper closing.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by recognizing regular customers as well as newcomers, learning their names.
- Be knowledgeable at all times about sale items and store promotions.
- Work with Owners, Store Manager, & Co-Supervisors in preparation and presentation of food, beverage operation, service, sanitation, cleaning, equipment and safety procedures for continuous daily maximum productivity.
- Complete specific tasks as assigned by Owners, Store Manager and Co-Supervisors.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times and follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager.
- Accept responsibility for controlling the inventory and company assets.
- Protect company assets at all times by following control policies.
- Perform loss prevention activities by observing suspicious conduct by customers, vendors, or other associates and act upon it according to company policy.
- Price, stock, and rotate products, as well as check code dates.
- Refuse to sell alcoholic beverages to customers during restricted hours or to those who are intoxicated or under age.
- Follow guidelines in the sale of tobacco products to appropriate age customers.
- Perform inventory counts and/or orders on departments assigned by Store Manager or Co-Supervisor.
- Follow company procedures when working with vendors including checking in orders and verifying quantities.
- Complete the daily shift checkout and paperwork.
- Maintain store cleanliness standards, including inside and outside.
- Assist in ensuring all store equipment is functioning properly and is receiving proper preventative maintenance checks.
- Help load catering orders or transfer of product orders into customer vehicles or delivery trucks.
- Follow proper safety techniques/guidelines and encourage others to do the same.
- Resolve and log all service and/or product shortages and negative related issues. Have the ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advise Owners and Store Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operation.
- Report all accidents, maintenance issues, and customer incidents to Owners and Store Manager immediately and complete proper paperwork.
- Communicate career opportunities and recruit potential store personnel.
- Communicate as instructed, when unable to work scheduled shift.
- Assist other employees with questions and proper procedure as necessary.
- Delegate shift-related tasks as necessary.
- Clean fuel dispensers as required and oversee emergency procedures of pumps if necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and/or personal characteristics required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires: being able to work alone as well as with others; maintain high levels of dependability, integrity, and honesty; ability to be safety conscious and flexible (able to adapt to change); be able to work the days and hours required – based on the demands of business and store. MUST BE PLEASANT, OUTGOING WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR, AND HAVE A DESIRE TO SERVE OTHERS!
Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
COMPUTER & CASH REGISTER SKILLS
Possess basic computer skills to be able to learn cash register skills. Ability to use office equipment such as calculator, copier, fax machine, credit card machines and telephone. Also must have the ability to provide maintenance and service to fuel pumps and all other food related equipment.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training and procedure manuals. Also have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must have ability to use basic arithmetic for end of shift reports. Also have the ability to calculate monetary exchange.
Must have the ability to understand and implement responsibilities or the organization outlined in the Employee Manual and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammed form. Must be able to resolve job-related problems, set priorities for self, and keep things organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, physical activities will require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body such as: use of hands and fingers to write, use cash registers, calculators, credit card machines, produce and serve product; talk and hear; tolerate gasoline fumes and cleaning products; work in a cooler at the temperature of 30º or below for up to 35 minutes at a time; stand, walk, stretch, stoop, reach and be able to stand for a minimum of eight hours at a time; lift and stock
cases of beverages, groceries, and petroleum products that can weight up to 40 lbs.; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time well; reliably get to and from work.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.