Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Help us grow our brand and tell the Burke story by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Customer Service Representative to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for assisting the Burke Customer Service team by:
Provides Product or Service Solutions:
- Listening and understanding the customer’s situation and providing excellent customer service and productive engagement every time
- Building relationships, both internal and external, with Representatives and customers to help meet their needs in assembly, repair, information finding and problem solving
- Understanding key customer needs and working cross-functionally to support those needs
Assesses Customer Satisfaction with Products and Services:
- Logging responses from electronically generated customer surveys and following up on surveys as needed
- Sharing and explaining survey information to Burke’s Representatives, RSMs, and management
- Identifying trends through analysis and escalating to the proper channel
- Creating customer service bulletins to update our Representatives on changes or product information
Prepares and Maintain Reports:
- Collecting and analyzing customer information
- Compiling monthly, quarterly and year-to-date reports of customer service reports processed
Maintains Records and Files by:
- Recording and responding to phone calls and emails
- Receiving and processing information on customer service reports, credit/back charges and/or returns
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, follow-up and follow-through skills
- A mechanical background with previous experience in Customer Service working with replacement and repair parts is a plus
- An understanding of assembly drawings and maintenance and installation instructions
- Ability to relay key information over the phone
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Basic to Intermediate Math Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations with managers, customers and team members
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and work on cross-functional teams to create the best, most cost-effective solutions for customers
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.