Produce donuts by following recipes and department standards in order to provide guests with a variety of delicious and high-quality donuts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mixes, fries, and/or decorates donuts
- Increases sales by creating visually appealing, delicious products
- Reduces shrink by following production lists, recipes, using accurate measurements, and minimizing waste
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Maintains adequate level of supplies in the bakery by replenishing ingredients and other items as needed
- Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time (80% of time)
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis (70% of time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (80% of time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of time)
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
- Frequently near hot grease (90% of time)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
- Follow all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Proper training and knowledge of equipment and procedures.
- Must be over the age of 18
The Donut Fryer/Finisher is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time. The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we’re not simply selling groceries, we’re on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our “Boomerang Principle”–empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will “Bring the Customer Back”. We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.