Marchant Schmidt is a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and serves the world from our manufacturing sites in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong engineering focus, we produce Hygienic Automation solutions and are known to be direct food contact specialists. Family values drive our culture, innovation, quality and responsible customer partnerships.
Electrical Designers develop, qualify, and support electronic assemblies for use in Marchant Schmidt products.
- Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, design, test, and service support.
- Work with cross-functional teams to take a design from specification through design, development, test, and delivery.
- Review and develop technical specifications.
- Design electronic assemblies for specification compliance.
- Verify that designs meet or exceed all requirements and specifications.
- Analyze analog, digital, and power circuit designs.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Develop technical solutions to known production, reliability, or performance problem.
- Generate design documentation to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
- Facilitate design reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or Associates Degree equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or 2-5 years of progressive related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred. Training will be provided if necessary.
- Knowledge of schematic entry and board layout tools.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools.
- Experience in electronics design, development, and test.
- Must be capable of working independently.
- Strong verbal and written skills required.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Design experience based on general knowledge of electrical standards including NFPA 79, NEC, UL508, and CSA. Apply NEC, NFPA 70E, and other standards required for electrical design and personnel safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with or near electrical energy. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.