The Rosendale-Brandon School District has immediate openings for high school event support staff. These positions have flexible hours ranging from 2 – 4 hours on the nights of events. Work dates may vary depending on event schedules and candidate’s availability. Extra curricular support staff wage is $13.25 per hour. Positions/ Duties available include crowd support, table workers, and announcers. See the Description of Duties for each role. No experience necessary as the District will provide training. Interested parties should contact the Activities Director, Cody Moon, via phone, 920-872-2161, or email, email@example.com, and complete an employment application (found at www.rbsd.us.)
Laconia High School Event Support Staff Guidelines
Table Workers: Announcer/ Clock/ Book
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the contest to start the clock, put names in the book, meet with officials, have officials sign books, etc.
- Willing to train clock and book workers.
- Book person needs to total numbers/stats in the book at the end of the contest and give the book to the head coach.
- Announcers should arrive earlier enough to meet with the Head Coach from each team to collect starting line-ups and pronunciations.
Crowd Support Duties
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to the start of the varsity event.
- During the contest actively monitor both the home and away crowd with a focus on the students.
- Encourage students to stay in the gym/ crowd to reduce the possibility of unsupervised activity in other areas. Students should be allowed to leave and reenter only when absolutely necessary.
- Do not allow students to hang out in the entrances and concessions area. Request that they sit in the bleachers and watch the game.
- Notify the Activities Director/ Event Supervisor of any suspicious activities/ concerning incidents.
- Monitor the crowd as they exit the event. Assist in take down after the game. Remain until the end of contest and a majority of the crowd has left the facility, or been given the okay from the Activities Director/ Event Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Activities Director/ Event Supervisor.