Job Title: Frozen Food/Dairy Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Frozen Food/Dairy Department Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the FF/D Department such as stock levels, inventory, and guest service.
Frozen Food & Dairy Associates showcase a wide variety of the best frozen and dairy products while simultaneously providing Festivals high standard of guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with supplying them with the items they need from the department
- Aid guests in finding items they are looking for on the sales floor
- Takes orders and special requests
- Answer the telephone and assist guests using proper phone etiquette
- Ten tiling guests at all times
- Stocking and maintaining product levels
- Fill all items on display
- Makes sure products are rotated, using first in first out method
- Follow display standards
- Makes sure the sales floor is clean and tidy; no messes or spills
- Maintains grocery supplies
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler, power equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an consistent basis
The Frozen/Dairy Clerk is a part-time hourly position. The work schedule will primarily include afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Founded in 1946 as Skogen’s IGA, Festival Foods is a Wisconsin family- and employee-owned grocer that is committed to giving back to the communities it serves and to providing guests with exceptional service and value. The company, which began operating as Festival Foods in 1990, employs more than 8,000 full- and part-time associates and operates +40 full-service supermarkets across the state of Wisconsin.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.