New hire retention bonus eligible position!!! $500 paid after 6 months of acceptable performance, $1500 paid after 12 months of acceptable performance!!!!
About Marchant Schmidt:
Marchant Schmidt is a growing, customer focused, family-owned business that values Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation. We are a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and are known as a direct food contact specialist.
- First shift, 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday through Friday with some flexible schedule opportunities available
- Overtime available
About the Job:
Our General Laborers perform a variety of roles that support Marchant Schmidt’s ability to make and deliver high quality equipment to our customers.
As a General Laborer at Marchant Schmidt, you will:
- Clean and sanitize equipment by hand after testing and in preparation for shipping.
- Organize and package loose parts that ship with equipment.
- Build skids according to specified dimensions or build non-standard skids following generally accepted methods.
- Load materials: installing strapping, blocks, and/or padding to prevent shifting or damage during transit.
- Use a forklift, overhead crane and other equipment to load or move materials.
- Move equipment between Marchant Schmidt facilities
- Pick up and/or deliver parts and equipment to/from vendor or customer facilities.
- Help keep the shop clean and orderly.
- Help in other areas as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related work experience preferred, but not required.
- Certified, or the ability to be certified, to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job, with or without accommodation:
- Frequently stand and walk; occasionally bend, stoop, kneel.
- Lift and/or move 10 pounds regularly, 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Use manual dexterity to move and inspect materials.
- Have the visual acuity to see near, far and peripherally with good depth perception.
- Positive, friendly, respectful, team-based work environment where you are valued as an individual
- Job and task variety
- Temperature controlled shop facility
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- 401K Plan with matching
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Smoke-free & Drug-free Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- Employee referral program
Marchant Schmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 920-921-4760 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.