Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.WI-St Francis Home
Job Summary:Completes tasks on nursing units that maintain the resident’s environment and contributes to efficiency in caring for residents. Works to provide a safe, home-like environment for residents. Provides supporting care and services to residents such as linen and laundry, activities, housekeeping and meal support.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Perform non-direct care tasks (no physical contact with the resident is allowed).
- Pass clean linen, closet or drawer resident’s clean laundry. Make unoccupied beds. Assist in straightening room, bedside stand, closet, and /or drawers.
- Stock supplies to resident rooms or nurse servers, assist caregivers in obtaining necessary supplies.
- Fill water pitchers. Pass water to residents capable of having water at bedside.
- Deliver mail to residents and assist in opening, as appropriate. Write cards or letter with residents. Visit with residents. Read to residents. Tune radios and televisions to resident preferred programs.
- Distribute linens and set tables prior to meals. Set up trays for independent residents, open milk, tableware, place clothing protectors, napkins.
- Serve food items to table of feeding personnel. Pick up tray’s and food items from dining areas and return to carts (may not calculate or document percentage of intake). Provide general clean -up of spills during mealtime.
- Assemble activity equipment, assist with activity set up and take down. Assist activity staff with activity, but no care. Clean and/or straighten areas before and after activity. Assist individual residents in accomplishing activity.
- Answer phones, greet and direct visitors. Maintain nursing unit and patient areas in neat manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
No specific education required.
No experience necessary
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare crawling, sitting and keyboard use/data entry.
Work Shift:Evening Shift (United States of America)
Department:8451000068 NURSING – SK NRS
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.