The Human Resource – Lead will direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Employ a tactical approach toward human resources role for the site, maintaining close relationships while overseeing the daily workflow of the department with a strategic mindset.
- Provides constructive support and timely performance evaluations, talent review, and development for the teams.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations in accordance with Company Policy and Union Contract.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resources and talent particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR Team, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Assists and guides line management on a broad range of HR policies, programs, and practices to ensure Alliance is compliant with collective bargaining agreement, policy, and applicable laws.
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition Team regarding recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Lead and coordinate continuous improvement of all human resources processes to improve efficiency and employee services while balancing overall costs.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist in the organization of employee activities and community/public relations activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field required.
- At least 5 years of human resources experience in a high-paced manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience in a labor relations capacity which involves interpreting and explaining labor agreements, grievance issues and other labor relations activities is strongly preferred.
- Maintains functional knowledge of legal requirements related to employee relations, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Understanding of large volume manufacturing recruitment procedures.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening and influencing skills; able to build trusting relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand business needs and how Human Resources can influence and lead the organization to meet key objectives.
- Sound judgment to analyze situations and make appropriate decisions and/or recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or other HRIS systems ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, excellent project management skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.