Salary – $69,520.00 – $88,653.00 Annually
Location – 87 Vincent Street, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Human Services
Under the general direction of the Human Services Director and Deputy Director, this position directs the business and support functions for the Human Services Department. Ensures the provision of adequate staff, equipment, materials and supplies as it relates to business operations for the department. Oversees the hiring process of Division positions to ensure adequate staffing.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Manage all Business Operation systems to integrate purchase of service contracts, purchasing, internal management information systems, multiple State of Wisconsin reporting systems, county wide financial reporting systems and personnel systems. Systems include: PPS, eWiSACWIS, CLTS Forward Health Portal, AVATAR, Virtel and CARES. Acts as Security Officer for systems as needed.
- In collaboration with the Fiscal Services Division Manager, manages, supervises, organizes and directs fiscal and support services provided to Human Services, with the assistance of the Accounting Managers and Business Office Managers. These services include accounting, clerical services, vouchers, billing, purchase of service contracts and time and labor.
- Oversees Purchase of Services contract process; including annual review, preparation, development and enhancement of database and tracking, and fielding questions from providers and staff. Oversees updates to contract language as needed to follow state statute guidelines and regulations.
- Recommends objectives, plans, policies and procedures to promote efficient and effective management and to comply with various Federal and State rules and regulations. Ongoing development and compliance review of the agency’s internal policies and procedures. Works with managers, supervisors and administration to implement changes.
- Assist department with emergency preparedness and response and the Continuous Organization Operational Plan (COOP).
- In collaboration with the Fiscal Services Division Manager, develops, administers, assists and counsels administrative and fiscal staff regarding program and accounting policies and procedures to ensure that policies conform to applicable laws and standards.
- Provides financial and analytical data regarding the cost and effectiveness of new and existing programs.
- Demonstrates awareness of departmental objectives and priorities and complies with all applicable departmental policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding, hiring, firing, and disciplinary action of employees.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Federal and State government rules, statutes, standards and regulations, hospital related fiscal administration, insurance, accounting, data processing, computer programming, payroll practices, labor law, planning, goal setting, and client needs. Ability to organize work, manage staff, resolve problems, and interact effectively with public officials, auditors, professionals in other departments, clients, and the general public.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related field from a college or university, and three to five years of management experience in a government business office.
- Access to a motor vehicle
- A minimum of $250,000/$500,000 auto liability insurance coverage verified upon hire and at renewal by providing a copy of the declaration page of your policy from your insurance carrier.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.