New hire retention bonus eligible position!!! $500 paid after 6 months of acceptable performance, $1500 paid after 12 months of acceptable performance!!!!
About Marchant Schmidt:
Marchant Schmidt is a growing, customer focused, family-owned business that values Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation. We are a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and are known as a direct food contact specialist.
About the Job:
As an Installation Assembler you will join a team of highly skilled individuals who represent Marchant Schmidt while installing, maintaining and repairing equipment at our customer’s facilities. Much of the equipment is custom to customer specification.
- 70-80% travel required; most domestic, some international (must be legally able to enter and preform work in Canada)
- Schedule fluctuates; must be able to work extended hours and varied shifts, including weekends, when at a customer location.
- Must be available for short notice and weekend road jobs.
- May train in Fond du Lac for 3-6 months before traveling to customer sites.
- Will work in the Fabrication department in Fond du Lac when not traveling.
- Will be required to provide some personal tools and equipment.
- Base wage plus $2-$4/hour travel premium.
As an Installation Assembler at Marchant-Schmidt you will:
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Lay out, position, align and fit components together to blueprint specifications, making fit adjustments as necessary.
- Weld stainless steel and fabricated components for final assembly.
- Use a forklift and various lifting equipment (rigging, overhead crane, scissors lift, hoist, etc.) to move parts and equipment.
- Use trouble shooting and creative problem-solving skills to identify issues and take/ recommend corrective action.
- Perform final inspections.
- Repair equipment by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and rewelding per instructions or blueprint drawings.
- Help in other areas as needed.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Know or learn AutoCad and SolidWorks to open and review prints.
- Certified, or the ability to be certified, to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other documents (e.g.: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and manuals).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide; able to use fractions, decimals, and compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diffuse emotional situations.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job, with or without accommodation:
- Frequently stand and walk; regularly bend, stoop, kneel.
- Lift and/or move 10 pounds regularly, 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Use manual dexterity to move and inspect materials.
- Have the visual acuity to see near, far and peripherally with good depth perception.
Marchant Schmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 920-921-4760 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.