Fond du Lac
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Maintenance Mechanic at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will be performing at the journeyman level in several building trades. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place November 23, 2022.
Summary of Work Schedule-Academic: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Academic: 40
Summary of Work Schedule-Summer: Monday – Thursday, 6:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Summer: 36
Weeks per year: 52
Hiring range: $24.10 – $28.36
- Make periodic inspections of building and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service.
- Operate, adjust, maintain, service and repair boilers, valves, circulating pumps, air handling equipment, air conditioning equipment and DDC and pneumatic controls.
- Detect, troubleshoot, and solve electrical problems on equipment and controls. Test and repair electrical circuits, panels, fire / security alarm systems, and run temporary power for special events. Coordinate power outages for construction purposes. Repair and service electrical motors and emergency generators.
- Install and maintain water and sewage lines, high pressure air lines and other related plumbing duties.
- Assist with planning and performing minor construction or remodeling projects. Determine amount of materials, supplies and labor needed.
- Repair and remodel facilities, to include painting, drywall, vinyl wall covering and the moving of furniture and equipment.
- Fabricate and weld metal projects.
- Provide a safe environment for staff and students by assisting with cleaning the campus of snow and ice using appropriate methods.
- Operate and manage energy management computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited technical, vocational and/or apprenticeship training program. Universal EPA HVAC Refrigerant Chemical Handling technician certification preferred.
- Four years of work experience in building and grounds maintenance or building trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration, welding and electrical work. Experience with commercial flooring, ceiling and roofing work is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred; certification within 6 months of employment will be required.
- Any combination of equivalent training and experience which demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of building and grounds maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures.
- Experience and expertise in several of the building trade’s skills such as carpentry, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, refrigeration, welding and electrical work.
- Ability to recognize, diagnose and correct mechanical problems. Ability to operate, adjust and control mechanical apparatus found in building operations.
- Ability to plan and develop appropriate work methods and procedures to accomplish difficult or specialized projects.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding desired.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program.