As a Group Leader (Supervisor), you will be the first line leader to support team members within your area/zone. You will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities in order to maintain production requirements and to ensure your team is successful. The team is includes, Electro-Mechanical Technicians and Mechanics.
This is a 3rd shift position – 5 days/8 hour shifts. Sunday through Thursday – 10pm-6am.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement
- Empowers and expects every team member to contribute to continuous improvement
- Demonstrates a core value of respectful treatment of all team members in every discussion, interaction and decision
- Desires to eliminate waste and to develop team member skill to improve lean operations
- Ensure a safe work environment exist for all team members and adhere to safe work practices, including complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules (OSHA).
- Recruit maintenance personnel and actively engage in team development.
- Lead a group of skilled team members and delegate work and work areas to them.
- Communicate directly with operations and support departments to coordinate preventative maintenance and corrective repair work.
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance team members, both individually and as a group, to ensure strong two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Conduct regular team member performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Assist the Area Leader in maintaining a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment, etc.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement. Utilize the principles of Lean Manufacturing to gain improvements in plant and department performance.
- Prepare reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems/inefficiencies.
- Track, analyze and improve key performance indicators (KPI) such as safety, asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, and schedule compliance.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, or business management is desirable although significant experience and special training may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years maintenance experience in a skilled position and 2 or more years of experience as maintenance supervisor / team leader.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and facilities equipment, with the ability to fluently read and understand prints in all areas.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and the functionality of equipment in those processes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Excellent teaming and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be a self-starter and a team motivator
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products
- Be able to work several assignments simultaneously and effectively
- Special qualifications: Ability to supervise a variety of team member actions and direct a technical work force to ensure the facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner. Flexibility to adjust to changing schedules. Must be the driver of new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.
- Core competencies: Communication, Management, Human Resource Development, Upkeep and maintenance of a facility. Administrative and organizational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed. Accountable for upholding standards and safety of the organization.
- Stooping, bending, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.