The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders won Northwoods League Championships in 2018 and 2020, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders share ownership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the High-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Each intern is considered to be a member of our leadership team in their area of focus and will gain valuable management skills.
- Coordinate food service efforts for all stadium events, including Dock Spiders games, various baseball games, and non-baseball events
- Manage and supervise hospitality areas including group decks, party/picnic areas, patio tables, and suites
- Tend to all needs of groups, outings, parties, etc. to ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for placing food/beverage orders with multiple distributors while maintaining inventory
- Manage all concessions game day staff, all with Operations Manager
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of all concessions areas
- Oversee the setup, cleanup, and maintenance of hospitality areas for all events held at the stadium
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
- Assist other departments when requested or needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.