At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
As a Production Supervisor Trainee, you will supervise the workers and equipment in the production area while applying experience and education related to processes involved in the production methods.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter:
- Effectively monitor and maintain cost, quality, and environment of a department.
- Directly supervise activities of department employees.
- Focus on plant goals to attain expected production volume on a daily basis while controlling costs.
- Ensure proper set-up and operation of the process, to include machinery, computers, and product schedule.
- Ensure that safety, good manufacturing processes (GMPs), and sanitation policies and procedures are met.
- Communicate and interact effectively with department employees, the Plant Manager, support services, and all levels of management to ensure smooth operation of the processes.
- Assume an active role in the plant safety programs to include involvement and support of the plant safety teams.
- Participate and take ownership of assigned plant safety programs.
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including production/packaging records, sanitation lists, schedules, accident reports, investigations, and any other paperwork deemed necessary with respect to HR guidelines.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
You Are Best Suited for The Role If You….
- Are pursuing a bachelors’ degree in Dairy Science, Food Science, or a related field (preferred).
- Have the ability to evaluate the production and packaging processes and determine the most efficient method of accomplishing goals.
- Have the ability to lead, influence and motivate people and promote quality, safety, and teamwork.
- Are able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have a working knowledge of computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.).
- Are self-motivated, able to multi-task, can work independently, and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to work scheduled hours and required overtime as needed.
- Display traits of reliability, honesty, respect, attention to detail, and punctuality.
- Can communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate professionalism and positively represents and promotes Saputo at all times.
We Support and Care for Our Employees by Providing Them With…
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we’re proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).