The broadband business is evolving and so are we. Spectrum is a connectivity company and our newly formed Residential Connectivity Outside Sales team is connecting our communities with the essential services they need.
Set Your Goals. Increase Your Earnings.
Goal-oriented. Self-motivated. Tenacious. Sound like you? If so, a career as a Residential Connectivity Sales Specialist at Spectrum may be right for you. With an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for people, you can achieve your financial and career goals here.
At Spectrum, we keep more than 32 million customers connected across our 41-state footprint. Our Residential Sales team helps to power millions of gig-enabled households. We support them by offering state-of-the-art solutions including Spectrum Internet®, TV, mobile and voice services. Through innovative products and service reliability, we ensure that our residential customers keep connected to who and what matters most.
Date posted: 12/06/2022
Requisition Number: 327615BR
Business unit: Marketing
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Area of Interest: Outside Sales, Sales
Position Type: Full TimeSDT212
Average Target Compensation of $105,000 + Uncapped Incentives
Connect people and communities by offering best-in-class telecommunication services through door-to-door solicitation of new prospective customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Tenacious and driven, you excel in environments where your reward is based on your effort – uncapped potential
- Acquires new residential customers through door-to-door contact from assigned leads.
- Conducts proactive consultative needs analysis with new prospective customers.
- Develops and presents sales presentations/proposals on products and services that meet customers’ needs.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork to support sales activities in a manner consistent with quality control guidelines, including but not limited to the following: dispositioning, entering sales orders, and reporting on sales.
- Supports team and team goals by actively participating in all sales meetings and training programs as assigned.
- Achieves monthly sales quotas in high-speed data, mobile, landline phone, and video sales.
- Completes all administrative tasks related to products sold in accordance with department practice, policies, and procedures.
- Well-informed about our competitors’ activities in assigned territory; informs manager of any changing competitive pricing programs, marketing directives, or door-to-door sales tactics.
- Attends and successfully completes training programs.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Engaging interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen, formulate needs-based sales strategies, and articulate pitches to sell products and services.
- A passion to succeed and a strong personal drive to sell to prospective customers.
- Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle.
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and software applications as well as consumer and commercial communication devices (e.g., PDAs, smartphones, routers, modems, set-top converters, and wireless devices).
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as business needs dictate to maximize prospective customer contact.
- A valid driver’s license, car insurance, a satisfactory driving record, and the use of a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Success in a previous sales position, prospecting, or cold calling; direct sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of cable or telecommunications services, with an emphasis on data networking fundamentals and the ability to educate consumers on related products and services as needed.
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
2+ years sales or relevant work experience
- Spends approximately 90% of the time in an outside environment for extended periods in any season, with potential exposure to inclement weather.
- Minimal time in an office environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.