Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
Responsible for ensuring the production line has all of the necessary component materials and equipment to accomplish the orders at hand in a timely manner. The position requires knowledge of scanning procedures, identifying materials, equipment requirements, equipment operation, and planning skills.
Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
You are a punctual self-starter who works professionally in both a team environment as well as individually. You have a willingness to take direction. You like to work with your hands. You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. You are known for your ability to learn new skills.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
- Work safely as part of a team to produce quality Sargento products.
- Read and understand production orders to verify information is correct.
- Communicates effectively and accurately.
- Is mindful of the food production process and ensures food safety and quality standards are met.
- Is dependable and takes pride in working with a team.
- Assist with the setup and placement of production equipment.
- Work alongside state-of-the-art automated equipment.
- As necessary, use cleaning chemicals to sanitize and clean equipment and production areas.
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED/HSED) required or minimally enrolled with anticipated completion in 12 months or less
- Prior manufacturing experience is a plus
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Willingness to complete fork lift certification upon hire.
- Ability to learn and carry out lock out tag out procedures as required.
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform data entry for inventory systems and labeling software.
Benefits that set us apart.
- Comprehensive medical including Fertility, Adoption benefits, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Access to Employee Store
- Onsite Health & Wellness Center: includes a nurse practitioner, licensed physical therapist, dietitian, personal trainer, and health coach, care coordinator and work-life mentor
- Employer 401K contribution in the top 1% of the nation
Sargento is a refrigerated food production facility and the ability to work in a cold environment is a necessity. Machinery, moving mechanical parts, and robotics are used during production, so the work environment is usually loud. During sanitation work, you may be exposed to wet, humid, damp conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.