Join Our Movement
BCI Burke is a growing company that designs and manufactures equipment for playgrounds, recreation, outdoor fitness and classrooms! Using research-based design, that help everyone find the best of themselves through play and movement. Founded in 1920 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, our passion, mission and business is to bring Play That Moves You ® to the communities we serve. With hundreds of dedicated employees, BCI Burke is a leader in the recreation industry and continues the more than 100-year dedication to being a partner to parks and recreation, schools, churches, Homeowner’s Associations, childcares, Landscape Architects, and anyone who is looking to bring play and outdoor recreation to their community. Joining Our Movement as a Production Scheduler will give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger and grow your career with Burke!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of creativity, enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Role – What You’ll Do!
- Develops and maintains the production schedule for in the factory and acts as a back-up to the Production Scheduling Manager
- Responsible for implementing systems and production planning tools in the ERP system that support proactive production scheduling and inventory management.
- Responsible for driving resolution of planning discrepancies.
- Analyzes customer orders versus available staffing, material availability, and machine capacity and develops production schedules for manufacturing to execute to meet customer requirements.
- Understands and provides input on manufacturing priorities based on available staffing, machine capacity, and customer requirements.
- Helps develop key reports on department performance related to the production schedule, KPIs, labor efficiency, and customer requirements.
- Works with the Purchasing Department to develop purchased material requirements to meet production demands.
- Supports inventory management including cycle counting and supporting annual physical inventory.
- Helps drive timely execution of prototype and pre-production components to support Burke’s New Product Development process.
- Consistently looks for continuous improvement opportunities and more efficient ways to improve the scheduling process.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of products and part identification.
- Attends regular production meetings to report on status of production schedule, changes in priorities, and help develop resolutions to capacity constraints.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Degree in operations, business, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of Production Scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment
- ERP experience required
- Strong work ethic – must be a self-starter and willing to do what it takes to complete the task
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks with a high attention to detail
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel) proficiency.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for people and play!
Comprehensive medical including optional dental and vision insurance and health savings or flexible spending accounts
401(k) with match
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Summer food truck parties every week
New fitness center
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.