Salary – $17.64 – $21.08 Hourly
Location – 459 E First Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Human Services
Under routine supervision, performs activity therapy and rehabilitative services to patients/consumers of the Fond du Lac County Human Services Talent Factory Program and Outpatient mental health programs including Comprehensive Community Services.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists OTR in Planning, preparing and supervising special group activities, parties, Talent Factory programming, special events, and Talent Factory fund raising activities. Encourages patient/consumer participation
- Assist the Day Treatment/Talent Factory Program in preparing and completion of crafts, woodworking, and other client-related activities.
- Observes, records, and reports individual behavior, reactions, and client progress using required documentation standards. Reports any significant change in functioning to team.
- Assists consumers individually and in groups regarding basic living activities including but not limited to money management, personal hygiene, nutrition, housing, shopping, meal preparation, laundry, parenting, community living, and recreation.
- Transports and escorts consumers to meetings, services, appointments and other activities.
- Provides information to social workers, therapists, supervisory staff and other professionals regarding the consumer’s status.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance, works overtime/extra hours as required.
- Participates in bi-weekly Outreach staffing and additional clinical supervision.
- Attends and participates in outpatient meetings and trainings as required.
- High school graduate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass background check
- Experience in woodworking and crafting preferred
Required or preferred skills:
- Experience working with mentally ill, cognitively impaired and chemically dependent patients.
- Working knowledge of state and federal patient’s rights and program regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to conform to goals, policies, and procedures of the Department as well as the Fond du Lac County Work Rules and Terms of Employment.
- Ability to work independently, make sound decisions, use good judgment and maintain appropriate boundaries with consumers.
- Ability to budget time and schedule work to complete tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively communicate and use tact and diplomacy with consumer’s, co-workers, professional personnel, the general public, and members of all socioeconomic groups.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.