Make a global impact with a career at Kondex Corporation in Lomira, WI. Kondex is a manufacturer of cutting and wear resistant components used primarily in the agricultural industry and supplied around the world. An exciting opportunity for a QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER is currently available. Share in our common mission of helping to feed and fuel the world. Using advanced technologies and designs, Kondex drives innovation to its markets served. In this position, you will contribute to our consistent year-over-year growth while enjoying our fun, collaborative culture.
Position Purpose: As a member of the Internal Audit and Quality Teams, the Quality Improvement Engineer will assist in auditing and maintaining the Kondex Quality System. Responsibilities include administering policies and procedures, performing quality planning for new products, resolving customer and supplier issues, leading quality improvement activities, and general problem-solving. Work to improve quality, efficiency, and performance of Kondex products and processes through streamlining, eliminating waste and increasing overall value to the customer.
What you will do:
- Participate in and/or lead various teams as an improvement resource.
- Develop, design, and validate product inspections of varying complexity, using various gages, jigs, and tools.
- Program and complete inspections using Zeiss CMM’s.
- Develop and maintain appropriate statistical process controls, as necessary, to maintain processes within established product requirements.
- Establish and maintain inspection procedures to support the design specifications of Kondex’s products.
- Maintain and evaluate data and quality documentation.
- Lead Material Review Board meetings and assist in disposition of non-conforming products and root cause analysis.
- Perform and electronically document Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) information as required.
- Monitor and update the gage calibration program, working with Technicians to complete necessary calibrations, and assist in replacing and procuring measuring devices as necessary. Train associates in measuring devices and usage.
- Initiate and lead corrective actions as investigation warrants and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts to eliminate waste and promote Lean Manufacturing principles.
What you will need:
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Associate degree in a quality related field.
- Three or more years of experience in a quality engineering or similar role.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) principles.
- Experience leading FMEA’s and Control Plan development.
- Strong knowledge of quality control principles and practices in a metals manufacturing company.
- Proficient in using quality management tools and software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a Quality Assurance or Engineering emphasis.
- Additional education and/or manufacturing experience, with exposure to inspection and statistics.
- Working knowledge of Zeiss Calypso inspection software and CMM programming experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD modeling systems (SolidWorks).
- Trained in auditing ISO systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001) and experienced in supplier auditing.
- Six Sigma and/or Shainin Red X.
- Experience with 8D problem solving.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizing & Planning
- Active Communications
- Writing Skills
- Listening Skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Kondex is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer