Job Title: Retail Attendant – Wisconsin Herd
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for dedicated people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
What We Offer:
- Mental Health Resources
- On-the-job Training
- Milwaukee Bucks and NBA League Discounts
The Retail Attendants will sell retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards. This is a part-time, seasonal position that requires days, nights, and weekends.
Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Greet and acknowledge guests.
- Answer guests’ questions and assist them whenever possible.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change, and bags merchandise.
- Follow all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Exchange merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Ensure that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stock merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verify amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintain orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Set aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn, or damaged merchandise.
- Watch for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Complete all related close-out paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment.
- Previous experience in cash handling is a plus.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors’ instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending,reaching, and climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider people with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal laws.
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Ethnic Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team members to be productive in both their work and home lives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.