JOB TITLE: Meat Market Clerk/Sales Consultant
REPORTS TO: Officers of Corporation
Work and communicate with owners and all employees to work together as a team to provide the best customer service possible. Work to achieve company goals to ensure the company’s share of market and profitability from service and products offered. Follow Safe Food Handling and Beverage Operator License procedures for all food and beverage cooking and preparations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Service to our customers and Satisfaction of our customers is 1st priority.
- Must be available on weekends.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by recognizing regular customers as well as newcomers, learning their names, and remembering and offering their favorite items.
- Serve customers by having knowledge of meat/sausage/deli/catering, etc, assembling orders, producing and packaging products, and restocking of products via orders received in person, phone, or e-mail. eg: cheese trays, subs, sausage trays, wrapping of products, etc.
- Distribute orders received to appropriate departments and/or businesses.
- Assist in answering phones.
- Accept payments (cash, check, credit cards and gift cards) from customers and make change as necessary.
- Work closely with Owners, Managers, Retail Supervisor, and all other personnel in all essential duties and responsibilities regarding preparation, garnishing, presentation of food, beverage operation, service, sanitation, cleaning, equipment use, and safety procedures for continuous improvement of all staff.
- Prepare, weigh, and measure a variety of ingredients of foods, meat, dairy and deli items according to customers’ orders and supervisor’s instructions, following approved recipes and procedures. Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Requisition and purchase food and non-food items, equipment, and small ware to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Arrange for equipment repair and maintain proper preventative maintenance checks.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, designated containers, other storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Work with staff to control loss of product and control of inventory.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Work closely with State of WI Meat Inspectors and follow all required Standard Operating Procedures & Eden Meat Market HACCP Plan as written.
- Prepare and help load customer orders or transfer of products into customer vehicles or delivery trucks.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Resolve and log all service and/or product shortages and negative related issues. Have the ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Work with Owners and all other company managers to market overall company’s products and service.
- Advise Owners of any personnel situations or policy violations having any adverse effect on Meat Market operation.
- Report all accidents, maintenance issues, and customer incidents to Owners immediately and complete proper paperwork as required.
- Communicate career opportunities to Owners and appropriate staff.
- Knowledge of all aspects of CnD Specialties, Inc. – different businesses, products, and services available to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires: being able to work alone as well as with others; maintain high levels of dependability, integrity, and honesty; ability to be safety conscious and flexible (able to adapt to change); be able to work the days and hours required – based on the demands of business and store. MUST BE PLEASANT, OUTGOING WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR, AND HAVE A DESIRE TO SERVE OTHERS!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Currently attend High School or possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
COMPUTER, CASH REGISTER, and OTHER EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Possess basic computer skills for use of computer software, cash register and scales. Have the ability to use office equipment such as calculator, copier, fax machine, credit card machines & telephone. Also must have the ability to properly set up and provide maintenance and service to all other food or beverage related equipment.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training and procedure manuals. Also have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must have the ability to use basic arithmetic . eg: doubling recipe, percentages
Must have the ability to understand and implement responsibilities as an employee the responsibilities of the organization outlined in the Employee Manual and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to resolve job-related problems, set priorities for self as well as others, and keep things organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, physical activities will require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body such as; use of hands and fingers to write, use calculators, produce and serve product; talk and hear; work in a cooler at the temperature of 30º or below for up to 35 minutes at a time; stand, walk, stretch, stoop, reach and be able to stand for a minimum of eight hours at a time; lift and stock cases of beverages and groceries up to 40 lbs.; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time well; reliably get to and from work.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate