Salary – $22.68 – $31.25 Hourly
Location – 87 Vincent Street, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Department of Social Services
Social Workers are responsible for providing social work services to individuals/families.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned as best practice or requirements change within the social work practice field.
- To study and evaluate client needs and factors within the client’s environment which affect their presenting problems. This would be accomplished through the application of knowledge of human growth and development, theories of personality and social problems and interviewing skills and techniques. This would additionally require insight and knowledge regarding the inter-relationship of personal, social and psychological factors and knowledge of the functions and theories of social work.
- To formulate mutually agreed upon case plans with agency clients that are designed to meet client needs, foster independence and satisfy all agency requirements.
- To provide planned and to provide unplanned services through the establishment of a professional working relationship with the client, geared towards strengthening the client’s ability to independently cope with life situations. This is accomplished by discussing with the client social and personal problems which are pertinent to client functioning, establishing a mutually agreed upon case plan for attaining desired change, the systematic application of appropriate counseling and social work techniques, and utilization of appropriate outside resources.
- To complete administrative duties in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: recording of case plans, case reviews, court reports, correspondence, financial information forms, computer forms and other forms and reports as required. This would be accomplished through application of organizational skills and time management techniques.
- To establish and maintain a working knowledge of the responsibilities of various community, county, state and independent resources available to agency clients and the ability to utilize these resources as appropriate.
- Establishment and maintenance of a working knowledge of the contents of state practice standards, appropriate state and federal laws and other regulations that may have an effect on social worker practice and an understanding of their applications.
- To refer clients to other agencies or services and cooperates with such agencies in serving the needs of the client or agency.
- Provide the direct delivery of unit services and programs are in compliance with Federal/State/Local laws and regulations/standards/rules governing these services and programs.
- Provide the direct delivery of unit services and programs are in compliance with all unit, agency, and county policies.
- Provide duties in an effective and efficient manner keeping with established best practices, i.e. such as team centered practice model, or any other models that becomes a practice standard.
- Provide social work services that are client centered, client self-directed, a balance of the helper role with the authority role and insure that community members (adults and children) are safe.
- Provide social work services in a respectful and ethical manner.
- Participate in individual conferences and team meetings.
- Provide plans and all services developed by staff are least restrictive and yet insure community member safety.
- Facilitate groups with youth in the Juvenile Court Services Unit. (specific only to Juvenile Court Services social workers).
- Provide periodic, mandatory after hours on-call coverage for hours the agency is closed. This statutorily required coverage will be scheduled on a voluntary basis first, all remaining hours will be mandatorily assigned.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work. Candidates with a degree in human services, or a closely related human services field may be considered.
- Social Work license strongly encouraged. Non-social work candidates with a qualifying degree will be strongly encourage to pursue the necessary education to gain Social Work Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting programs, procedures and social work techniques.
- Competent computer skills and computer experience (in specific child units experience with eWISACWIS).
- A demonstrated ability to empathize with agency clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Unlimited access to a personal vehicle
- A minimum of $250,000/$500,000 auto liability insurance coverage verified upon hire and at renewal by providing a copy of the declaration page of your policy from your insurance carrier
- Willingness to utilize personal vehicle as necessary to perform job duties and responsibilities
- Social work certification within 6 months of hire.
- Willingness to transport agency clients, utilizing personal vehicle if necessary.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.