Fond du Lac
Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)! No good accounting role is complete without an adding machine, circa 1960 of course, unlimited beans for counting, a lifetime supply of No. 2 pencils and a hilarious group of coworkers who like to have a good time while working hard.
This role helps the Burke Accounting Team in these key areas:
- Leads and manages the “close the books” process and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, including Income Statement, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure compliance with all applicable GAAP standards
- Performs all account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Maintain accuracy of general ledger, performs journal entries, including consolidating and reconciling entries
- Lead the annual financial statement audit
- Work closely with the CFO to manage cash flow
- Develop and communicate actionable financial information to assist Burke’s management team to make business decisions
- Prepare business analysis reporting by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information while identifying trends
- Assist in establish and maintain a robust system of internal controls with solid duty separation and good internal/external efficiency
- Foster financial and budget training across the organization to facilitate an increasing knowledge base, culture of cost savings and astute financial decision making
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 1 year of public accounting experience preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a public accounting firm or at a manufacturer
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Accounting and ERP software (Workwise experience is beneficial); Microsoft Office Applications; knowledge of Qlikview Business Analysis tool a plus
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and is a team player with good verbal communication skills
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
-Performance based competitive pay
-Benefits Package for full time employees
-401K with a company match
-PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
-Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs