Michels Road & Stone, Inc. is shaping the future. We provide and place materials for road, airport, mass excavation and shoreline protection projects. Our projects are large; the tolerance for error is tiny. Our leaders, field crews and massive fleet of specialized equipment is focused on excellence. Are you? Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Road & Stone, Inc. can change yours.
As a Surveyor, your key responsibility will be to support all surveying & GPS Grade Control activities. You will also perform labor job duties as time allows.
WHY MICHELS ROAD & STONE, INC.?
- We will never ask you to prioritize speed ahead of safety
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We share experience and insights to develop industry leaders
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your positions and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy working independently
- You enjoy working in a detail oriented role
WHAT IT TAKES:
- Previous surveying experience (desired)
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- A Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain
- Previous experience with Trimble & Microsoft Office (desired)
- Ability to travel throughout the Midwest
- Willingness to work under a union collective bargaining agreement